is an educational consulting business specializing in training educators how to utilize digital storytelling as a powerful learning and teaching strategy. We provide a variety of services including:
Faculty Development presentations:
Our presentations emphasize the multiple benefits of digital storytelling in the curriculum as well as research that supports this highly engaging, student-centered learning
Annual summer training workshops:
These workshops are held on the Catawba Valley Community College campus for educators who want to incorporate digital storytelling into their curriculums
On-site workshops for schools:
NarratED will do on-site workshops for schools that want to train a group of faculty to implement digital storytelling at their institutions
About Kay Gregory . . .
Kay Gregory’s career in education spans teaching experiences in middle school, high school, community college, and four-year college classrooms. Since 1991, she has been an English instructor at Catawba Valley Community College in Hickory, NC. She is currently the Department Head for Developmental English and Reading, and she was awarded the 2009 Excellence in Teaching Award at Catawba Valley.
In 2004, Gregory and colleague Joyce Steelman co-founded the Digital Storytelling Center at Catawba Valley Community College. Their digital storytelling project was recognized as one of ten national finalists for the 2008 Bellwether Award in the category of Instructional Programs and Services.
Gregory is passionate about the many benefits of digital storytelling in the classroom. She has successfully led hundreds of students through the digital storytelling process in developmental English classes, freshman composition classes, and literature classes. (click here for more about Kay.) An experienced workshop presenter, Gregory has shared her love of digital storytelling with other educators at many conferences and workshops including the following:
- North Carolina Community College Systems Conference, Greensboro, NC 2006
- Community College Futures Assembly, Bellwether Finalists Competition, Orlando, Fl, January 2008
- International Conference on Access and Research in Developmental Education, San Juan, Puerto Rico, September, 2008
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, December 2008
- National Association for Developmental Education. Greensboro, NC, Feb. 2009
- North Carolina State University Symposium on Assessment, Carey, NC, April 2009
- Faculty Collaborative: 3 Days in May, Faculty Development Workshops at Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, FL, May 2009
- Teaching With Digital Storytelling: Three-Day Training Workshop for Educators, narratED, Catawba Valley Community College, Hickory, NC, July 2009
- Kellogg Institute for Developmental Education, Boone, NC, Mini-Session, July 2009
Presentations in 2010
- National Association for Developmental Education Annual Conference, Columbus, OH, March 10- 13, 2010
- Virginia Community College System Conference, New Horizons 2010: Discover What’s Next, Roanoke, VA, April 7 – 9, 2010
- Digital Storytelling Training Workshops for Educators, June 10- 12, 2010 and July 22-24, 2010, narratED, Catawba Valley Community College, Hickory, NC
- College Academic Support Programs Annual Conference, El Paso, Texas, October 13-15, 2010
- North Carolina Association for Developmental Education Annual Conference, Greensboro, NC, October 24 – 25, 2010
- College Reading and Learning Association Annual Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, Nov. 2 – 6, 2010
Presentations in 2011
National Association for Developmental Education Annual Conference, Washington, DC, February 23 – 26, 2011.
email:email@example.com or phone: 828.302.7769.
Lasts from blog
October 4 2010, Blog
August 9 2010, Blog
July 26 2010, Blog
July 26 2010, Blog
June 1 2010, Blog
Feel free to contact NarratED if you have any questions or comments. Write or phone if you would like more information.